At our Love Bug Twitter Party this week, Wally Wonderbug shared with us different ideas of how to turn everyday moments into opportunities to show your child a little extra love. We wanted to share a few of those ideas plus some that Wally didn’t get to share at the Twitter Party.
- Cuddle up under a blanket and watch what he or she wants to watch on TV.
- Give a chocolate kiss along with a real one.
- Exchange butterfly kisses or nose-to-nose Eskimo kisses.
- Make your child into a burrito.
- Read books about family love, like I Love You, Good Night, Guess How Much I Love You or If You Were My Bunny.
- Send an encouraging note with your child’s lunch.
- Talk in the car on the way to school instead of listening to the radio.
- Take a long walk together, at your child’s pace.
- Use magnetic letters to put loving messages on the fridge.
- Send your child a card in the mail, with stickers or a treat inside.
What everyday ways do you show your child that you love him/her?