Monthly Archives: December 2011
Better TV featured our Jeep® Liberty Limited Urban Terrain Stroller on their Jeep Giveaway segment! We are so excited that they highlighted the stroller’s durability. There is so much we love about this stroller that takes you from the mall, to outdoor trails, to city sidewalks!
Some features we love:
- Rugged 12″ inflatable tires grip all types of terrain
- “I drive” entertainment toy includes horn, car sounds and music
- Convenient one-hand & self-standing fold
- Grow-with-Me five-point safety harness
- Large storage basket plus removable cargo bags
The Jeep® Liberty Limited Urban Terrain Stroller is the perfect holiday gift for the moms, dads and grandparents on your holiday list!
One very creative mom sent us this photo of her plush Wally Wonderbug who made it in her holiday card photo shoot. We love that Wally made it into her holiday cheer & she inspired us in the spirit of the holidays to give away a Wonderbug Activity center.
We love our Wonderbug activity center because it provides lots of fun for baby while allowing you to get a few things done off your “to do” list like holiday cards, holiday baking and more!
Some features we love about the Wonderbug:
- 8 colorful toys have different sizes, shapes, movements and sounds
- Toys have been tailored to help your babies development
- Height adjusts on seat to grow with your baby
- Machine-washable seat pad
- Disassembles easily for travel & storage
It’s easy to enter our contest! Just post a photo of Wally Wonderbug enjoying some holiday cheer (If you don’t have a plush Wally, you can print out a Flat Wally from his website.) Leave a comment on our post about how you shared holiday cheer with Wally, post your photo on Kolcraft’s facebook wall and your automatically entered into our contest! It’s that easy. Contest ends next Wednesday, December 21st at noon CST. Winner will receive a Wally Wonderbug activity center!
This easy pipe cleaner penguin craft is fun to make and only requires 3 supplies!
What You Will Need:
- Black, orange and white pipe cleaners
- Scissors (for adult use only)
- Wooden pencil
What to Do:
- Wrap a black pipe cleaner around the wooden pencil and remove. This will serve as the body of the penguin.
- Next, cut off a 1.5 inch piece of white pipe cleaner.
- Bend the ends of the white pipe cleaner in about ¼ inch on each end. Place the ends of the white pipe cleaner into the black coiled pipe cleaner.
- Cut an orange pipe cleaner into a 4” piece (the size may vary slightly depending on the thickness of the pencil and how tightly wound your coils are).
- Bend the end of the orange pipe cleaner into a small ‘M’ shape and pinch the sides together to form the feet.
- Bend the orange pipe cleaner upwards and feed through the black coiled body and out at the second coil from the top. Bend the end of the orange coil into a ‘V’ shape to form the penguin’s beak.
- Cut a 2” piece of black pipe cleaner and fold in half.
- Feed this pipe cleaner through the back of the penguin to form the wings.
Traveling with kids is stressful. You end up channeling your inner pack mule as you try to accommodate all your baby gear, toys, etc. Getting children through TSA becomes an event of Olympic proportions. Dodging stares of unhappy passengers who are muttering, “They better not be sitting by me” becomes second nature. And then there is the crafty art of keeping your child from melting down. Oh the joys of crowded holiday travel!
A few tips:
- Give yourself lots of extra time for check-in, connecting flights, getting through security, etc. You really can’t have too much time built in for this. (Well arriving a week early for your flight may be too much time. )
- Pack a few new inexpensive toys from the Dollar Store and pull them out one at a time when your child starts to get fussy. (We also like Kids Travel Happy site for fun travel toys.)
- Disposable bibs and changing pads make in-flight eating & changing a little easier.
- Have a smaller bag for diaper changing essentials. It’s hard enough to change a child in an airplane bathroom, let alone trying to juggle a diaper bag while you are in there.
- Take a change of clothing for you & your child in case you have a big spill or accident.
- Pack a lightweight stroller or baby carrier to make getting around a little easier.
Nightline took traveling with kids to the test. See how they handled the mid-air meltdowns.
What tips do you have for traveling with children?
We interrupt our regular Mom Mondays to celebrate our Jeep Stroller becoming a star on Better TV. Today there will be a segment featuring Jeep related holiday gifts and our Jeep stroller is part of it. We are giddy with excitement!
Our Jeep® Liberty Limited Urban Terrain Stroller is the answer for those parents who go from nature walks, to sidewalks to malls! There is so much we love about this stroller, but our top favorite features are:
- iDrive entertainment toy provides hours of fun for your child with its horn, car sounds and music.
- Multi-position reclining seat keeps baby comfortable during trips.
- iBaby™ sound system connects to your iPod® or MP3 player for music on the go.
- Large storage basket and cargo bags provide plenty of storage for you and baby.
- Self-standing fold gives you a free hand to attend to baby.
You can win this stroller on Better TV’s website and you can win one with us! All you have to do is leave a comment on our blog as to why your baby is a star. Contest ends at midnight CST on December 8th. Winners will be announced on December 9th. Be creative with your post. Feel free to add a photo of your child on our Facebook wall to increase the “awww” factor.
Is your child ready to take her first steps? Kolcraft’s Step Starter™ 2-in-1 baby walker is ready to help! This activity walker turns into a walk-behind walker giving your child endless enjoyment from infancy to toddlerhood. The adorable soft toy owls will be sure to give baby lots of smiles.
Features we love:
- Grow with your child feature extends the life of the product
- Electronic Discovery Center has lights, music and sweet toy owls
- Seat pad is easy to clean
Activity centers and baby walkers are great holiday gifts for the little cutie in your life!