Monthly Archives: June 2012
Being a family owned company, we especially love Father’s Day & Mother’s Day. Recently we were talking about what it means to be a dad and what our dads mean to us. People started sharing photos of their favorite moments with their dad and moments with their children or grandchildren. These are so cute, we had to share them with our Kolcraft fans.
Enjoy meeting some of the dads of Kolcraft.
Today Kolcraft announced a voluntary recall in cooperation with the CPSC. Although we have made many strollers with the name Contours only the models starting with ZL002, ZL005, ZL008, ZL015, and ZL018 are part of the recall. You can find your model number on a paper label found on the top, rear edge of your stroller seat pad or on a sticker on the rear leg of your stroller frame.
A child or consumer’s finger can become caught in the opening formed when locking and unlocking the hinge mechanism which is used to adjust the handlebars on the strollers. This presents an amputation and laceration hazard to children and the adults handling the stroller.
If you have one of these models, please call (800)-453-7673 Monday-Thursday from 8 AM -6:45 PM and Friday 8 AM to 3:30 PM EST to order a free repair kit that will cover the hinge.
The Kolcraft family remains committed to making the best products for your children and we apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.
Fun Friday calls for an easy, fun, yummy recipe you can make with your kids!
What you need:
- 3 Bananas
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of cocoa powder
- Few dollops of cool whip (optional)
- Paper cups
- Plastic spoon handles (break off the spoon handle but be careful of jagged edges) or popsicle sticks
What to do:
- Blend the 3 bananas in a food processor or blender until creamy. It’s ok to have a few lumps though.
- Add the vanilla, cocoa powder, nutella and blend well
- Add cool whip and blend again
- Pour into paper cups. This will make 4 larger pops or 8 smaller ones
- Insert plastic spoon or popsicle stick
- Peel the paper and enjoy!
Our Contours Classique 3 in 1 bassinet is a huge hit among moms and dads because it has so much to offer! With a removable Moses basket, changing table, diaper caddy and storage, what is not to love? The Contours bassinet, traditionally only available in a neutral pattern, is now available in pink blossom just for your adorable little baby girl. We were able to catch up with fashion designer, Hyon Troutman, to hear the inspiration behind the pink blossom color. We love how close to her heart this color inspiration is.
Check out the video and win a Contours Classique 3 in 1 pink blossom bassinet by leaving a comment here on our blog post about your favorite part of the video and bassinet. Contest ends at noon (CST) on June 13th, 2012. Winner will be announced on Thursday, June 14th!
Enjoy a rainbow party with your kids with these easy crafts and recipes. You can decorate your party room with all different color balloons or have your kids finger paint rainbows on large pieces of paper. Rainbow crafts and recipes are a great way for children to learn the colors of the rainbows!
Summer means more time outside with your kids. Being outdoors has many benefits, but a few hidden summer dangers to be aware of while enjoying the nice weather.
- Sunburn can make a child severely ill. See our safe sun tips here.
- Heat stroke is a reality for babies and children on a hot day. Keep them hydrated and take breaks when they are playing outside.
- Hot cars cause many deaths during the summer. Be sure your children know cars are not toys and they should not play in them. Keep your car locked when it is in your driveway so that your children cannot crawl in and get locked inside. Never leave your child in a hot car even if you are running a quick errand.
- Metal playground equipment can burn children. On hot days, stay away from metal playground equipment.
- Open windows present fall risks. Be sure to have window guards on any windows accessible to children.
These 5 easy, safety tips can help you have a worry-free summer you and your kids will enjoy.
We are just ending our Mother’s day contest and are ready to celebrate Father’s Day! We know you have ever-so-cute photos of your little one and his or her dad or grandpa. We want to celebrate those special men in your child’s life! How? With Kolcraft’s Chip Off the Old Block Father’s Day Contest
- Head over to our Kolcraft Facebook page
- Look under the contest button and enter your favorite photo of your child with her/his grandpa or dad
- Contest starts Tuesday, June 5th and ends Monday, June 18th 2012
- Winner will receive $100
Today is Oscar the Grouch’s birthday! While Oscar may not be the happiest character on Sesame Street, he has a lot to teach our children.
- How to recycle.
- How to keep things clean by picking up trash.
- How being grouchy effects other people.
Oscar has his own page on the Sesame Street website, where you can find games, activities and more to help teach your children about recycling, etc.
You can also celebrate his birthday with this refreshing, easy summer pie. We added green grapes & green apple slices to make it extra green for Oscar. You can buy green paper plates and napkins at the Dollar Store to add to your green grouchy birthday party!
Happy Birthday to Oscar – the loveable Grouch!