Monthly Archives: July 2012
Starting July 27, the 2012 summer Olympic Games will begin in London, England. The Olympics are a great time for families to gather together to watch their favorite sport and learn new things about other cultures. The Olympics represent a time for sharing. As athletes share stories about themselves and their families, it is a time for our families to share time together and share pride as a country.
In this spirit we are looking for you to share your Olympic themed craft ideas and win prizes.
What to do:
- Develop an Olympic themed craft
- Create it with your family
- Share it on Kolcraft’s Facebook contest page
Each Friday throughout the month of July, we will feature one of the crafts on our blog, Facebook and Twitter. We hope this contest will allow everyone to gather creative juices so we can share, maybe for the first time, the spirit of the Olympics with our little ones.
The winners featured on Kolcraft’s Baby Matters blog, will receive family prize packages with a USA T-shirt, family games, London themed gifts, and more! Winners will be picked on July 11, 18 and 25th. Enter early for a better chance to win!
Photo credit: Steve Broer / Shutterstock.com
Parades, picnics and pool time are hallmarks of the 4th of July. You can enjoy your holiday and keep it safe with these few parenting tips.
- Keep firecrackers away from children. Be sure firecracker remnants like sparkler sticks, etc. are not in left on the ground where toddlers and babies can pick them up.
- Have a bucket with water and a hose handy if you are using firecrackers.
- Keep children away from grills. If the grill is cooling off, take turns watching so children do not play near the grill.
- Appoint a lifeguard when around water. When we gather with family & friends it is easy to start talking and not realize nobody is watching the kids in the pool or at the beach. Appoint someone to watch in 30 minute intervals. have a whistle that you pass to the designated lifeguard.
- Remember sun safety and wear sunscreen, hats and keep hydrated.
What 4th of July tips do you have?