Monthly Archives: October 2012
Today is National Angel Food Cake Day. We think the perfect way to celebrate is by teaching your toddler colors while making a rainbow angel food cake. Cooking and eating can be fun opportunities for learning!
What yummy angel food cake recipes do you have to share?
They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away, but how about a giggle a day? Laughing truly is the best medicine since it relaxes the whole body, boosts the immune system and triggers the release of endorphins. All these help your baby’s development. Nothing is better than watching a child howl when something tickles his funny bone and it also is an indicator that your child knows how structures and patterns are supposed to work and that it’s funny when they don’t.
A supportive environment helps nurture your child’s sense of humor so it’s important to laugh at his early attempts at humor. Your laughter will in turn boost his confidence. A few tried and true tips on how to get your child giggling.
- Use an object in a way it was not intended - Put your child’s pants on your head, wear a bowl for a hat, etc. Your child knows this isn’t the norm and it will set her off in a fit of laughter.
- Be silly – Do an over exaggerated dance, use a banana for a telephone, make a funny face. Your child will start belly laughing at your silliness and won’t be able to stop.
- Peek-a-boo – This age-old game takes on a new meaning when you make a big deal that you can’t see your child and then laugh along with him when he moves the blanket.
- I’m Going To Get You – Come up behind your toddler and exclaim “I’m going to get you!” She will try to get away, but will be laughing so hard she will end up in your arms instead.
What funny things do you do to help your child laugh? Share your laugh “medicine” with us and be sure to have a giggle-fest with your little one tonight!
Watch your child’s imagination grow as you enjoy these fun easy-to-do crafts, activities and art projects that bring fun and learning together in a whole new way! You won’t be hearing, “Mom, I’m bored!” with these activities!View This Category
Join us in Kolcraft’s kitchen as we share kid-friendly recipes from healthy snacks to easy-to-make dinners that your whole family can enjoy. You won’t be worrying about what to cook when you have Kolcraft recipes to share!View This Category
October is SIDS awareness month. As advocates of safe sleeping we have been posting tips on reducing SIDS because we feel the topic is very important. Besides the tips we have given in the past on reducing SIDS, one other important aspect of safe sleeping is to give your baby a clean sleep area.
Kolcraft and Sealy baby are very proud that all our crib mattresses are GreenGuard certified and our Crypton waterproofing and allergen barrier technology on Sealy and Stearns & Foster crib mattress is also GreenGuard certified!
What is Crypton Super Fabric? It’s:
- Stain Resistant
- GREENGUARD Certified
- Integrated, Impenetrable Moisture Barrier
- Odor Resistant
- Microbial Resistance
We love how clean Crypton Super Fabric is and moms love that it makes middle-of-the-night clean ups super easy!