2014 Mom 2.0 Summit: Contours Baby Partners with JPMA to Celebrate Mom Bloggers
For the second year, Contours Baby participated in the Mom 2.0 Bloggers Summit. It was several fun-filled days of catching up with blog friends, building new blogger relationships, and of course gaining insight on the past, present and, most importantly, future of digital media.
First, let me introduce myself: I am Colleen and I’m the digital media specialist at Contours Baby. I work with on our marketing and communications team with Michelle and Kelly. This was my second time attending Mom 2.0 and it did not disappoint! While I was in Atlanta, I documented some of the exciting events of my time there:
Wednesday, April 30th:
- Landed in Atlanta, and it is a busy airport! The Contours Baby offices are located in Chicago, and we have O’Hare airport, but Atlanta is also bustling with traveler traffic.
- Checked into the Ritz Carlton, host of the Mom 2.0 Summit and immediately started running into some of my favorite bloggers who we regularly follow.
Thursday, May 1st:
- Booth setup day!
- Contours Baby was one of three brands partnered with JPMA (Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association). Regal Lager and Baby Bjorn were also at our booth. All three brands promoted JPMA’s new BabySafetyZone.org. Our Contours team focused on the Bliss 4-in-1 stroller, in the NEW Laguna Blue fashion and gave moms a sneak peek at the newest tandem in our Contours collection, the Contours Options stroller, which is set to be released in June!.
- Contours Mom dinner on the town!
- I was honored to go to dinner with Emily (@babydickey), Sarah (@MomMustHaves), and my date for the weekend, Baby Brady! We had a delicious Italian dinner and a lot of discussion about the future of social media, the Contours brand, and relationship between Contours and moms.
- While Sarah, Brady, Emily, and I were attending events, Mom 2.0 delivered Contours water bottles to attendee’s rooms. It was a joy to share some of the Contours Bliss with other moms.
Friday, May 2nd:
- We woke up bright and early to prepare for the 500 plus attendees.
- Mom 2.0 was established in 2008 to facilitate the conversations between companies and moms. It generates a lot of discussions including branding, digital trends, and the day to day life of being a mom.
- Contours was a proud partner to launch the JPMA’s Baby Safety Zone website.
- Contours parent company, Kolcraft, is a founding member of JPMA.
- The Baby Safety Zone is a community and information center for parents regarding baby products.
- All Contours products are proudly JPMA certified
Saturday, May 3rd:
- Busy, busy, busy!
- We connected with amazing moms, found new Contours Bliss stroller fans, and learned a lot from our consumers. As Must Have Mom can tell you, Contours is always listening to feedback from parents and strives to continuously improve our strollers, bassinets and more!
- Iris Awards and reception: It was great to conclude the weekend with all of our booth visitors, celebrate 2014 Iris blog award winners, and start the sad goodbye to our fabulous Contours moms, Emily and Sarah.
Sunday, May 4th:
- Time to return home.
- I am so grateful as a Contours employee to connect with so many wonderful digital savvy moms. I learn a lot in my job everyday and it is due to the moms, dads, grandparents, etc. who work so hard for their families.
- As Mother’s Day approaches this weekend, I am grateful for my own mother, who has taught me so much throughout the years. After Mom 2.0, I feel inspired to get her to stop paying for AOL .
- Congrats moms, you are ALL doing an amazing job.
Posted May 8, 2014