It may seem that being Eco-friendly takes a lot of time and money, but it doesn’t have to! These 5 easy tips can help you and your little ones become more green and care for Mother Earth!
- Turn it down – Turning down your thermostat will not only help the environment, but also your utility bill. By turning down the heat and putting layers on you and your little ones, you are teaching them how to conserve and reduce.
- Check it out – Instead of buying hundreds of DVDs and books that will soon be tomorrow’s news for your children, go to the library and check out DVDs, CDs, and books. It is a free adventure that give your children a resource they can use for years to come.
- Go for a stroll – Get fit and get out of the house with your little one by doing errands via foot. You can baby-wear or put baby in a stroller while you run your errands. Not only does this help you save on gas and get fit, it gives you special bonding time with baby.
- Grow green – Even if you don’t have a green thumb, you can start with a small garden with easy-to-grow vegetables such as lettuce, carrots or tomatoes. This can be done in a pot or rail baskets if all you have is a condo patio.
- Be enlightened – Did you know that when you have a child you use more energy? 90 BILLION pounds of greenhouse gases could be spared if every American family replaced just one regular bulb with a compact florescent blub. Check your light bulbs and see if they are helping Mother Earth or hurting her!
What tips do you have for going green?