5 Recipes for Your Left Over Hard Boiled Easter Eggs
The Easter bunny has come and gone, but you have more eggs than you care to count! We asked around Kolcraft what people do with their leftover eggs & these are a few of the responses:
- The obvious dish – Kim makes an egg salad sandwich spiced up with dill, capers or cheese giving it a different taste.
- Vegetable dishes -Shannen makes a veggie salad with tomatoes, peppers , onions, carrots, cut-up hard boiled eggs & tosses it with vinegar and oil. YUM!
- Breakfast dishes – Pat takes his favorite bread (crispier bread like English muffins work best) slices the hard boiled egg on it, adds salt and pepper to taste, and then adds a slice of tomato and cheese. He then puts it in a toaster oven until cheese melts. He spent some time in Ireland where they regularly have tomatoes for breakfast.
- Deviled eggs – Michelle adds green olives and sweet pickles to spice up her recipe!
- Chicken pot pie – What came first the chicken or the egg? With Colleen’s pot pie recipe the answer is BOTH! She dices up her leftover hard boiled eggs & adds them to a traditional chicken pot pie recipe for extra protein!
What do you do with your leftover Easter eggs?
Posted April 3, 2013