The Easter bunny has come and gone, but you have more eggs than you care to count! We asked around Kolcraft what people do with their leftover eggs & these are a few of the responses:
- The obvious dish – Kim makes an egg salad sandwich spiced up with dill, capers or cheese giving it a different taste.
- Vegetable dishes -Shannen makes a veggie salad with tomatoes, peppers , onions, carrots, cut-up hard boiled eggs & tosses it with vinegar and oil. YUM!
- Breakfast dishes – Pat takes his favorite bread (crispier bread like English muffins work best) slices the hard boiled egg on it, adds salt and pepper to taste, and then adds a slice of tomato and cheese. He then puts it in a toaster oven until cheese melts. He spent some time in Ireland where they regularly have tomatoes for breakfast.
- Deviled eggs – Michelle adds green olives and sweet pickles to spice up her recipe!
- Chicken pot pie – What came first the chicken or the egg? With Colleen’s pot pie recipe the answer is BOTH! She dices up her leftover hard boiled eggs & adds them to a traditional chicken pot pie recipe for extra protein!
What do you do with your leftover Easter eggs?