We have blogged about the importance of indoor air quality and our crib mattresses being GREENGUARD certified. Springtime rains can bring a problem inside your home of moisture which can bring mold and reduce your indoor air quality. A few tips to prevent mold from invading your indoor air quality.
- Mold loves wet, moist places. If you have humidity levels of 70% and above, you should invest in a good dehumidifier to help prevent mold growth.
- Keep your home at around 69-73 degrees and the humidity level at about 54%.
- Replace porous surfaces if mold is present. Porous surfaces include wall paper, carpeting or dry wall. These must be replaced immediately. They cannot be cleaned of mold.
- Use organic soap or bleach to clean surface mold. Be sure to wear protective gloves.
- Invest in a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter which can reduce allergens like mold that can be tracked in the house on your shoes.
What tips do you have for getting rid of mold?