5 Tips for Preventing Your Kids from Getting Sunburn
Sunburn can happen so easily during these nice-weather months when our kids are constantly outside. A few preventative tips can help your child avoid sunburn so she can enjoy playing outside without pain.
- Stay out of direct sun as much as possible during peak times (10am -4pm).
- Wear a wide brimmed hat. If possible get one that also covers the neck. This is especially important for babies.
- Always put on sunblock even on cloudy days! Talk to your physician about what SPF is best for your child.
- Have child wear UV blocking sunglasses when outdoors.
- Be sure to have child wear loose fitting clothes so sweat can evaporate. Try to have as much of child covered as possible. We know those little swimsuits look so cute on your child, but opt for ones that cover more and have sun protection.
Summertime is a time to be outdoors and have fun, but sunburn can have serious consequences. Follow these easy 5 tips for healthy, summer skin! Check back next week for more summer tips!
Posted May 22, 2012