We have all heard of Man Caves. You know – those spots where men can put their sports memorabilia, strange collected objects that don’t match the Pottery Barn furniture in the rest of the house and just be comfortable and left alone with their thoughts/sports/insert whatever noun here.
Finally we are hearing more talk about Mom Caves – places where moms can go to relax, rejuvenate and recharge mommy batteries. These spots can be as big or as small as our house (or yard!) allows.
5 tips to start your Mom Cave:
- Spotted – Pick your spot. Make sure it’s somewhere that gives you some privacy and makes you feel relaxed. It can be near a window, by a favorite painting or photo, etc. If your house is too small to make that your permanent spot, you can buy a screen that you can put up when you are in your Mom Cave so you can have more privacy.
- Scented – Be sure to have your Mom Cave evoke relaxation through your favorite scent. Have a candle, scented sticks, fresh flowers; whatever delights your senses.
- Secure – Make sure your family knows that this is your special spot and when you are there, it is sacred Mommy time and the other adult in the house is in charge.
- Stylish – Let your Mom Cave speak of your personality. Surround yourself with things you love. Your Mom Cave should bring on smiles that soothe you.
- Sensible – Be comfortable. If you aren’t comfortable, it will be hard to relax. Be sure to have a piece of furniture or pillow that is comfortable and soothes your tired muscles.
Most of all have fun building your Mom Cave. You give so much of yourself to others everyday, that you deserve a little oasis just for you. Our friends at Mom Logic are hosting a $250 giveaway to get your Mom Cave started! All you have to do is send in your contact info. It’s that easy!
What Mom Cave Tips do you have?