This Saturday is Dr Seuss’ birthday. Dr Seuss is an icon of love for reading and children. You can turn his birthday into a fun celebration with your kids and help them appreciate and love reading!
Ideas to celebrate Dr Seuss’ Birthday:
- Reenact your child’s favorite Dr Seuss book with a puppet show or play.
- Have story hour with Dr Seuss books. Have your child draw their favorite scene from the book.
- Make characters from a Dr Seuss book and put your child’s face on it. (Photo of Thing 2 below taken from a Kolcraft Mom’s daycare project).
- Read Oh The Places You’ll Go or The Foot Book. Get a giant piece of poster board, paint the bottom of your child’s feet with non-toxic finger paints and let him/her walk on the poster board.
- Check out your local library, bookstore or Target for Dr Seuss Birthday programs they are hosting.
- Find more easy, fun crafts and activities for Dr Seuss’ birthday here.