For this project you will need:
- Paper plate
- Yellow paint (or markers, colored pencils, crayons, etc.)
- Paint brush
- Yellow construction paper
- A pen or pencil to trace your child’s hand with
Once you have all of your material, set up an area for your children to paint. Depending on ages, you might want to cover the area in newspaper to protect any surface that you don’t want covered in paint.
- Paint your paper plate yellow to give the base of the project.
- While it dries, trace your child’s hand onto the yellow construction paper. Depending on how big the plate is and how small your child’s hands are, you may need to cut out more hand prints. For our plate/hand size we needed four.
- Once the paint is dry, glue the hand print cut-outs to the back of the plate.
We hope this is the start to a very sunny summer weekend!