Creating an Animal Pencil Holder
You and your child can create a personalized pencil holder for your child’s workstation or for your desk. This craft creates an elephant pencil holder but use your own ideas to create a variety of animal pencil holders. Some animals also easy to create are a bat, mouse, or a dog. Have fun!
What you’ll need:
- Can about 4″ tall, wash and remove label (we used a recycled pop can and removed the top!)
- Gray construction paper
- Wiggle eyes
- Cut the paper enough to cover the outside of the can.
- Take a second sheet of gray paper and fold it in half. Trace and then cut out an elephant ear shape. This should give you two ears. Glue the ears on opposite sides of the covered can.
- Cut out the trunk. Use a pencil to “curl the trunk” so that it will stand out from the can instead of laying flat. Make a 1/4″ fold at the top and glue the trunk to the can.
- Glue on two wiggle eyes on the can on either side of the trunk.
Posted September 30, 2011