Our Jeep Wrangler All-Weather Umbrella Stroller recently made iVillage’s list of the Best Umbrella strollers. An iVillage expert and a mom to a toddler reviewed the product and gave it four stars and said it was one of the lightest strollers that they reviewed.Read More
At Kolcraft, we are dedicated to providing families with high quality baby products that we ourselves use with our precious little ones. Each Halloween, we take a break from designing and engineering the best baby products to celebrate a Kolcraft tradition- dressing up in costumes and trick or treating from cube to cube each Halloween!Read More
The kids are returning to school, summer parties are ending, and the final summer holiday is here. Whether you are excited that summer is coming to a close or wishing you had 3 more months of summer, we hope that this Labor Day is time of rest and enjoyment with your family.
Happy Labor Day!
We have another medal winner of the Kolcraft Olympic Craft event! We were impressed by Marcella Cook’s Olympic Rings craft because it looked like a great activity to involve the kids and share some Olympic flair. Thank you Marcella for sharing the steps for our other Kolcraft parents to follow!
What you’ll need
- Blue, black, red, yellow, green and white paper
- Cut the blue, black, red, yellow and green paper into little squares
- Trace five circles on the white paper in the Olympic Ring formation
- Glue the cut paper pieces in the Olympic ring order onto the white paper
Enjoy your newest Olympic decoration!
Marcella will receive an Olympic themed package of shirts, mugs and more!
There is still time to create your Olympic craft and get the opportunity to win Kolcraft’s Olympic Prize package. Enter here.
We love when Kolcraft employees bring their children to work. It is a great time to use their help in creating crafts for our Baby Matters readers. Today, we created a sun, a great craft when you are trying to stay cool indoors. Get started on your own sun craft:
What you’ll need:
- Yellow and orange construction paper
- Your child’s hands
- Using a compass, cookie tin, bowl, or whatever circular object you have, and trace the circle to be the sun
- Trace you child’s (or children’s) hands 5 or 6 times to create your sun rays
- Begin cutting out your traced sun and hand rays
- While you cut, your helpers can decorate the sun or the rays with crayons
- Using glue, attach the rays around the sun
- Your child can continue to decorate their finished sun
If you try this craft, make sure to share your finished product on our Kolcraft Facebook page.
Fourth of July is fast approaching. Why wait until Wednesday to kick off the festivities? Start your celebration with some of these tasty patriotic treats:
- Everyone loves the Flag Cake at each 4th of July barbeque. Kolcraft has developed our own take on the family favorite. Instead, we recommend creating a strawberry shortcake display of the American flag. Using mini shortcakes, your favorite whipped cream, and either blueberries or and strawberries, display the short cakes in the shape of an American Flag.
- Every mom knows she will be making quite a few sandwiches per week. Try using your star cookie cutter to give a patriotic spin to your child’s PB&J.
- We loved the idea of a 4th of July fruit kabobs from Events to a T. Use strawberries, blueberries, and marshmallows to create a great tasty treat. Check out these other fruit kabobs for your next barbeque.
- Our blog has some great festive recipes as well. Enjoy Nut Butter-flys, grilled corn with chipotle lime butter, and more from our archives.
Kolcraft wants to congratulate all moms and dads. You are doing an amazing job and we are lucky to have readers like you. This Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, we asked our blog readers, Facebook fans, and Twitter followers to share their photos and reflections with us.
So many of you made us smile, laugh, and think about your families.
Today, we are excited to announce our Mother’s Day and Father’s Day contest winners. Dafnie, winner of our Mother’s Day contest, shared the reflection below of being a mom.
At times it is hard being a mom, but I love it because it’s the most fulfilling task any women could ever have. Also, being a mom is a source of happiness and unconditional love that no other thing could replace.
We also chose this father-child moment for our Father’s Day photo contest. We love this precious picture because nothing beats cuddles and kisses (even Eskimo!) with dad!
Thank you to all moms, dads, and grandparents, for sharing your thoughts and family photos with us. We look forward to many more summer contests and sharing opportunities. If you want to share your little one’s summer time moment with our Facebook community, send the picture to email@example.com and it will be entered in Kolcraft’s Fan of the Week Facebook Cover opportunity.
Being a family owned company, we especially love Father’s Day & Mother’s Day. Recently we were talking about what it means to be a dad and what our dads mean to us. People started sharing photos of their favorite moments with their dad and moments with their children or grandchildren. These are so cute, we had to share them with our Kolcraft fans.
Enjoy meeting some of the dads of Kolcraft.