Beat the Heat With These Five Fun Ideas
Here in Chicago the summer heat is in full swing. It’s what we have been waiting for all winter, but with heat advisories and too much sun, this weather can become dangerous for you and your kids very quickly. So in order to stay safe while enjoying the sunny days ahead, here are five outdoor activities for you and your family that will be sure to keep you cool!
- Gather suds, sponges and buckets and let your child have their own car wash for their toys!
- Make your own sprinkler with a 2 liter bottle and a hose for endless outdoor fun!
- For a tasty science experiment that will cool you off, make your own ice cream in a plastic bag! We might have to try this for our own Kolcraft kids…
- Let your kids make a human bubble, with a kiddie pool, hula-hoop and bubble solution!
- Use water balloons and chalk to play a game of Angry Birds on your driveway!
What do you and your family do to beat the summer heat? Let us know in the comments and don’t forget to share photos of your summer fun for our Summer Facebook Fan of the Week!
Posted July 19, 2013