Breakfast Pie Recipe for Easter Brunch
After a morning of egg and Easter basket hunting your family will be hungry and ready for this easy to make Breakfast Pie. This yummy recipe was submitted by Carol Bosonetta who is our Business Analyst and more importantly a mom of 3 and grandmom to 4 so she knows how to feed hungry people!
What you need:
- 1 10 oz. Package brown and serve sausage sliced into small pieces
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 5 slices of bread (cubed, no crust)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp dry mustard (can substitute a squeeze of prepared mustard)
- ½ tsp black pepper
What to do:
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan and layer the bread cubes in the bottom.
- Beat eggs, add spices and milk and pour over the bread.
- Sprinkle cheese and sausage pieces evenly over the mixture.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for ½ hour, then remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Posted March 29, 2013