Bringing The Cat In The Hat To Life Activity
Reading to children has many benefits and by bringing your child’s stories to life, you can reinforce what your child is learning in the story. For years Dr. Seuss has been teaching children how to read and expand their vocabulary. We think the beloved Cat in the Hat is the perfect book to bring to life.
What you need:
- Cat in the Hat book
- Non-toxic red and black paint
- Non-toxic glue
- Scissors (adult use only)
- Rags with water
What to do:
- Read Cat in the Hat book together.
- Declare today Cat in the Hat day and try to answer each other in rhyming words.
- Paint your child’s foot with red and black.
- Press footprint on paper. Wipe off bottom of child’s foot.
- Cut two strips of paper and fold according style.
- Draw cat face on footprint when dry.
- Glue accordion whiskers to footprint.
Posted April 5, 2013