There are many benefits to reading to your child for developing imagination, speech, reading skills, etc. You can bring your child’s favorite books to a new level by turning them into real life adventures. All it takes is some imagination and fun. Today’s book we are bringing to life is I Am A Bunny by Richard Scarry.
What you need:
- I Am A Bunny Book
- Bunny Ears or make your own by cutting out bunny ears from construction paper and gluing or taping to a headband. You can even wear a yellow shirt & red pants/overalls like Nicholas does.
- Outdoor space
What to Do:
- Read I Am A Bunny
- Put on your bunny ears & head outside
- Since it is currently Spring, reenact the Spring pages of I Am A Bunny by going to a field to look at the flowers (we don’t encouraging picking them) and talk about the different colors. See if you can find dogwood or daffodils like Nicholas does in the book. Talk about how Springtime brings flowers after the long winter. Try to find butterflies & “chase” them like Nicholas. If you live near a butterfly garden or sanctuary visit it to see the butterflies (or build your own!).
- Take photos of your book adventure and put them in your notebook/journal.
- With each season do the activity Nicholas does & record it. It will take a year to complete your book, but at the end you will have a wonderful memory of your I Am A Bunny living adventure.
What ways do you bring your child’s favorite books to life? If you have a children’s book you want us to bring to life on a Fun Friday, leave us a comment!