It’s that spooky time of year, but don’t be afraid, for Kolcraft’s website brings treats not tricks. Join us for our virtual Halloween scavenger hunt to win baby products.
When – Now through midnight CST on October 31, 2012
Where – Throughout the Kolcraft.com site
How – Read the clues below and scavenger through Kolcraft’s site to find the images. Don’t forget to look at alternate images. When you find the images, email firstname.lastname@example.org with where the images are. A winner will be pulled via Random.org on November 1, 2012.Read More
Dessert is usually a kid’s favorite part of dinner. Even if they say they can’t eat any more dinner, they always seem to have room for dessert! Of course having dessert too often is never a good idea, but Sunday is National Dessert Day so it’s the perfect opportunity to splurge!Read More
Kolcraft is heading to beautiful Louisville, KY – home of MLB Louisville Slugger bats, the Kentucky Derby, the nation’s largest urban forest and All Baby and Children Kids Expo. This amazing show is where manufacturers and retailers meet to showcase new and exciting products, to meet with people in parenting media and talk about the latest in industry news. It’s an exciting time to meet old friends and make new ones as together we work to give moms, dads and caretakers the very best in baby products.
October is SIDS awareness month. As advocates of safe sleeping we have been posting tips on reducing SIDS because we feel the topic is very important. Besides the tips we have given in the past on reducing SIDS, one other important aspect of safe sleeping is to give your baby a clean sleep area.
Kolcraft and Sealy baby are very proud that all our crib mattresses are GreenGuard certified and our Crypton waterproofing and allergen barrier technology on Sealy and Stearns & Foster crib mattress is also GreenGuard certified!
What is Crypton Super Fabric? It’s:
- Stain Resistant
- GREENGUARD Certified
- Integrated, Impenetrable Moisture Barrier
- Odor Resistant
- Microbial Resistance
We love how clean Crypton Super Fabric is and moms love that it makes middle-of-the-night clean ups super easy!
This week is social media week and a good time to remember some safety social media tips for our kids.
- No online site is truly secure or private. Be sure your child knows not to share personal information.
- Make sure privacy controls are set to private to limit strangers following your child online.
- Help your child understand that he shouldn’t post anything online that he wouldn’t “tell the world” since nothing online is truly private.
- Let your child know that she shouldn’t talk to anyone online that she doesn’t know.
- Tell your child not to enter free giveaways and contests since these require personal information. If a friend forwards anything like this, they should delete it immediately.
While social media has many positive aspects, be sure it doesn’t consume your children – there are some social skills kids can only learn from face to face communication and play.
September is Baby Safety Month and the JPMA is making sure parents and caregivers are educated on the importance of safety especially when it comes to our most precious gifts – our children.
One place that baby spends a lot of her time is in bed. These 5 safe sleeping tips can help give baby a safe sleeping environment.
Be sure that baby’s crib mattress properly fits the crib. You can read about correct crib measurements here.
- Keep baby’s crib free of blankets, toys and bumpers.
- Make sure your baby’s crib mattress is firm.
- Keep baby away from cigarette smoke. There are many devastating effects of smoke for baby including SIDS.
- Make sure baby is not wearing too many clothes or sleeping in a hot room which will cause baby to overheat.
Double check your baby’s sleeping space to make sure she is safe and secure so both you and baby can have peaceful sleep.
Ahoy, me hearties! Today be Talk Like a Pirate Day, so grab your lads and lassies and teach them a few phrases that pirates be saying these days!
We have a little joke for ye lassies:
How could the pirate acquire the ship so cheaply?
Because it was on sail!!
Yo ho ho! So, there be so much to do with your lads and lassies, but we favorite activity involving pirates or privateers is making pirate hats.
How to make a wee little pirate hat with your lads and lassies:
- Take out a piece of paper.
- Fold the sheet of paper in half.
- Fold the top corners down towards the center of the page. Your paper should be in a rough triangle shape.
- Lift the front bottom flap and fold that up.
- Flip the paper over, then lift the bottom flap and fold it up; your pirate hat should be complete!
And remember, talk like a pirate today! Arggh.
To help ye out on this fine day, we will share some great pirate phrases with ye:
Ye – you
Me – my
Ahoy, me hearties! – Hello, my friends!
Thar she blows! – Whale sighting
Seadog – old pirate or sailor
Savvy? – do you understand and do you agree?
Privateer – government-sponsored pirates
Jolly Roger – a pirate’s flag including the white skull and crossbones of a black field
Avast ye – stop and pay attention
Doubloons – coins, or coins found in pirate stashes
Complete your day reading a kid’s pirate book!
We all have that one toy that acts or acted as our companion on various occasions when we needed them the most. On September 9th we celebrated Teddy Bear day – a day to remember the teddy bears we once had or to celebrate our children’s teddy bears that they tightly hold for comfort.Read More
September is Baby Safety Month. How do you ensure a safe sleeping environment for your baby? A firm crib mattress is a great start. Did you know our Sealy Ortho Rest crib mattress with 150 durable coils is GREENGUARD certified?Read More