Tomorrow is our J is for Jeep Twitter Fitness Party. We are super excited because we will be talking about a subject we love – fitness and Jeep! We are excited to share our new Jeep jogging stroller with you and are THRILLED to announce that Derek Kite will be tweeting with us. Derek is a dad of three, married to the illustrious Valerie from the blog A Nation of Moms, and has extensive knowledge of fitness – you know all the tips on how to work in fitness as a family, how to stay fit even on a busy schedule, etc.
A little about Derek:
Derek is a former professional triathlete, duathlete, and runner. Derek brings to the sport of triathlon/duathlon his expertise and experience in running, having trained with some of the world’s fastest Kenyan and American runners. He was named Rookie Duathlete of the Year (2003), finished 3rd in the nation in triathlon and 6th in the world in duathlon and has several other podiums under his belt, including two consecutive wins at the Malibu Triathlon.
As a professional runner, he competed in the 1996 and 2000 Olympic Trials in the steeplechase and was coached by world-famous coach, Joe Vigil, with former training partners Deena Kastor, Meb Keflizighi, and Dan Browne.
Derek attended and competed for Lubbock Christian University, where he ran and trained with Kenyan teammates. He earned 14 All-American honors in running and 5 National Team Championships. By his senior year, he was 4th in Cross Country National Championships, the Indoor 3-mile National Champion, and the Outdoor 3,000-meter Steeplechase National Champion.
Even as a young athlete, Derek has always been a coach at heart. And with over 17 years of coaching experience and 13 years of professional racing, he has a keen understanding of the many needs of the endurance athlete. Derek can attribute his very eclectic coaching style to training under about 20 different coaches with different training philosophies.
Impressive isn’t it? We are just super excited! You can follow him at @anationofmoms
To help you on your fitness track, we will be giving away J is for Jeep jogging strollers throughout the party.
There are quite a few blog moms attending the event as well. These moms have the J is for Jeep jogging stroller so they can give you first hand experiences of it.
The blog moms attending are:
- Jyla’s Three of Us @jylasthreeofus
- A Nation of Moms @kitekoop
- Girl Gone Mom @GirlGoneMom
- Steals, Deals & Life @stealsdealslife
- Real Mom Reviews @RealMomReviews
- Mommy Mandy @MommyMandy
- Houghton Happenings @tweetmomRN
- Written by Mama @WrittenByMama
- The Life of Rylie & Bryce too! @thelifeofrylie
- Not Quite Susie Homemaker @NotQuiteSusie
- Shop with Me Mama @shopwithmemama
- One More Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest @TheRhinoMisses
- Baby Dickey @BabyDickey
- Minnesota Must Haves! @mnmamamusthave
- Freckleberry Finds @freckleberrymom
- Suburban Coupon Mom @Suburbancoupon
- Party of Five & Counting @MommyinNJ
- A Mom’s Balancing Act @mombalancingact
- All Aboard the Review & Giveaway Train! @Giveawaytrain
- Jabbering Jessi @JabberingJessi
We can’t wait to party with you! be sure to follow @kolcraft and all the moms listed above so you can increase your chances of winning a Jeep jogging stroller! More info on the J is for Jeep Fitness Twitter Party can be found here.
Have kids? Want to get in shape? Ready to be out enjoying the summer? Join us for our J is for Jeep Twitter Fitness Party!
What? Win a J is for Jeep jogging stroller, connect with other parents, and hear from fitness experts how to stay fit and healthy with your family!
When? Tuesday, August 7 from 11 am until noon CST.
Where? On Twitter! No need to RSVP, just come to the party by following @Kolcraft on Twitter and using hastag #JisJeep.
What you can win:
A few of the MANY features we love about the J is for Jeep Jogging stroller!
- iBaby sound system for music on the move
- Air filled tires
- Forward locking swivel wheel
- Shock absorbing suspension
- Reclining seat
Hope you can join us for the party!
Looking to get fit this summer? Kolcraft is teaming up with Chicago’s Active Moms’ Club for their very first summer Fitness Challenge.
The Active Moms’ Club offers exercise classes for both pre-natal and post-natal moms in the Chicago area. The classes are a great chance to work out and mingle with other moms, plus, you can bring your baby to all classes!
As part of our Fitness Challenge, moms will be rewarded each time they attend an Active Moms’ Club class with an entry into a raffle to win great Kolcraft prizes including:
- Sealy Crib Mattresses
- Sesame Street Elmo Adventure Potty Chairs
- Jeep Sport 2-in-1 Baby Carriers
Moms who attend a total of at least 12 classes during the summer will automatically be entered to win our Grand Prize of a brand new 2012 Jeep Jogging Stroller! Join on us on Thursday, May 3rd in Lincoln Park’s Oz Park as we kick off the Fitness Challenge with a Biceps, Babies & Buggies stroller fitness class followed by a fun get-together in the park! A special snack will be provided! To learn more about the Active Moms’ Club and to register for class, visit www.activemomsclub.com. Moms who attend the classes will also have a sneak-peek at the jogger before it’s in stores, and the opportunity to try it out themselves!
Planning to come to class? Be sure to watch the video and mention it to a Kolcraft representative for an extra entry into our raffle. Looking for even more ways to win? Answer the following question at Thursday’s picnic for another entry into our monthly raffle:
What are your fitness goals for the summer?
Even if you aren’t in the Chicago area, you can still get fit with us! Check out the video below for more information on our Fitness Challenge, as well as some helpful tips you can use when walking with your stroller.
We interrupt Mom Monday to share with you the exciting news that tomorrow, Tuesday, February 21, we will be hosting a Twitter Party to celebrate Baby Days at Walmart.
During the party we will be talking about the many different crib mattress options – coil crib mattresses, foam crib mattresses, etc – which is best for your baby. We will also be sharing some bedtime sleep rituals for baby, have our crib mattress expert available to answer questions, talk about what savings you will receive during Baby Days and win prizes!
The Sealy Baby Party Info:
- When? Tuesday, February 21 from 11am – 12pm CST
- Where? On Twitter. Be sure to follow @Kolcraft to win prizes
- How? Just show up & use hash tag #SealyBaby
See you there!
When we think of going on a walk with our children, we usually think of nice Summer days or the crisp days of Autumn. Winter, however, can provide a unique experience for bonding with nature and your kids. We recently went on a winter walk with our kids at a small gem in the heart of Chicago – North Park Village Nature Center. This amazing nature center includes a 46 acre nature preserve and an educational facility. If we could find this piece of heaven in the midst of busy Chicago, we are sure everyone can find somewhere in their city for their nature walk.
What you need:
- Notebook and Pen
- Warm clothes
- A curious mind
What to do:
- Bundle up for your walk. We highly suggest layers.
- For moms with babies, we love using a baby carrier. It keeps them close and snuggly warm and it is easier for you to engage with baby as you point things out on your walk.
- Take photos of your walk. Capture special spots that your children liked.
- Take the time to explain to them what is going on. For example the trees and grass at the nature center were brown. We talked about how nature is “sleeping” (yes, we did work in the importance of nap time for everyone – even the trees!) and during this sleep time, the trees are still very much alive and preparing to bloom. We found the deer hiding in the trees and talked about their brown “coats” helping them to blend in with the trees and grass.
- Print out your photos and put them in a notebook. Have your child write a little memory of the picture. i.e. – I liked the deer or I learned that even though the pond is frozen, there are still fish living under the ice.
- Go on the same nature walk for every season. Take pictures in those same spots and teach your children how nature changes for every season.
We have winners for our getting fit with Jeep strollers contest!
- Latonya, one of our blog readers, has won a Jeep® Liberty Limited Urban Terrain Stroller to help her & her husband get outdoors, get fit and bond with their new baby.
- Sarah, one of our Facebook fans, will be squelching that Mommy guilt since she can now workout with her new Jeep® Liberty Limited Urban Terrain Stroller!
Thank you to everyone who participated. Stay tuned for more baby product contests!
It’s a new year full of possibility and many of us make that same resolution to get fit. You can get fit and healthy while bonding with your baby in a Jeep® Liberty Limited Urban Terrain Stroller. If you need some incentive on getting fit with our Jeep stroller, here are our top 10 reasons:
- iDrive entertainment toy provides hours of fun for your child with its horn, car sounds and music. Go ahead & go for that hour long brisk walk!
- Multi-position reclining seat keeps baby comfortable during trips.
- iBaby™ sound system connects to your iPod® or MP3 player for music on the go.
- Large storage basket and cargo bags provide plenty of storage for you and baby.
- Self-standing fold gives you a free hand to attend to baby.
- Rugged 12″ inflatable tires grip all types of terrain. Nature trail anyone?
- Easy-swivel front wheel locks for uneven surfaces. Hmmm, the excuses why not to exercise aren’t holding up to our Jeep stroller.
- Parent tray includes deep cup holders for your water bottle.
- Grow-with-Me five-point safety harness keeps baby secure so you can focus on getting fit as you push your stroller.
- Striking fashion says you are a parent who knows how to look good while working out!
Give us a reason to get fit with a Jeep stroller by leaving a comment & you will automatically be entered to win one. Contest ends next Wednesday, January 4, 2012, at midnight CST.
Better TV featured our Jeep® Liberty Limited Urban Terrain Stroller on their Jeep Giveaway segment! We are so excited that they highlighted the stroller’s durability. There is so much we love about this stroller that takes you from the mall, to outdoor trails, to city sidewalks!
Some features we love:
- Rugged 12″ inflatable tires grip all types of terrain
- “I drive” entertainment toy includes horn, car sounds and music
- Convenient one-hand & self-standing fold
- Grow-with-Me five-point safety harness
- Large storage basket plus removable cargo bags
The Jeep® Liberty Limited Urban Terrain Stroller is the perfect holiday gift for the moms, dads and grandparents on your holiday list!
It’s the final week of Mom Fitness with Cassandra from Active Moms Club. Her fitness tip this week is something you can do anywhere, anytime. It’s these seemingly small exercises that can make a big difference in your fitness routine.
Don’t forget to leave a comment on what you learned from Cassandra or tell us what feature of the Jeep Overland Jogging stroller will help you on your fitness journey. Your comment will automatically enter you to win the Jeep Jogging stroller. Contest ends July 25th at midnight CST.
It’s week two of Mom Fitness with Cassandra from Active Moms Club. Her fitness tip this week is perfect for moms who are pregnant and for those who are not! The best part is, you can do Cassandra’s fitness tips anywhere. No fancy gym required!
Don’t forget to leave a comment on what you learned from Cassandra or tell us what feature of the Jeep Overland Jogging stroller will help you on your fitness journey. Your comment will automatically enter you to win the Jeep Jogging stroller. Contest will end July 25th at midnight CST.