May 23rd is World Turtle Day! It’s a great day to teach your children about nature and do some fun turtle activities!
- Did you know that World Turtle Day was started in 2000 by the American Tortoise Rescue?
- Sea Turtles are among the most endangered animals on earth.
- In Hawaii it’s considered good fortune if a sea turtle swims by you!
Fun Activities for Your Kids
- Send your child a free Happy World Turtle Day card
- Make a bowl turtle with this easy, fun craft
- Donate to the Tortoise Rescue
- Learn about turtles on the internet or go to the library and meet some of these famous turtles through the world of reading
- Play turtle games with National Geographic
- Go to your local nature center and learn about turtles
Have fun celebrating World Turtle Day!