Celebrating 50 Years of Where the Wild Things Are With Fun Kids Crafts
One of our favorite childhood books has been bringing children and families joy for 50 years, and to celebrate we’re giving you a few crafts and other ideas as a way to celebrate Max and his Wild Things!
1. Make your own paper Wild Thing like we did, with the template from Toy-a-Day. You can find their blank template and make your own Max, too.
2. Create your own Wild Thing puppet using a brown paper bag and craft supplies. Your kids will love using their own imagination to make their own!
3. Build a fort or transform a laundry basket into a boat, letting your children sail away with their own imagination, just like Max.
4. Make your favorite characters out of used paper tubes.
5. Print out these coloring pages, turn them into puppets, cake toppers, or any other ways you want to celebrate Max and his Wild Things!
So, happy birthday Where the Wilds Things Are! Thank you for letting our imaginations wonder far off to islands with monsters, kings, and more. We hope that you enjoy reading it and playing with your family this weekend!
Posted November 22, 2013