The Don’t list:
- Don’t go to sleep
- Don’t lose it. Take a quick break in the hall to regroup if you need to
- Don’t leave on your phone ringer
- Don’t whine/complain
- Don’t turn on the TV or surf the web if she has not said it’s ok to
The Do list:
- Do encourage your partner by telling her how well she is doing
- Do try to anticipate her needs by asking her if she needs her back rubbed, does she need ice-chips, etc.
- Do make sure the staff knows her wishes and is following them
- Do know the emotional & physical signs of labor stages (We strongly recommend Bradley Method books for understanding these phases. They have very clear explanations.)
- Do listen to your partner’s needs and help her think through difficult decisions she may need to make during labor.
Do you have any “Delivery Room Don’ts” to add to the list? Share below.