DIY Outdoor Kerplunk!
Looking for ways to get your kids outside and away from technology? Make them a giant outdoor version of the game Kerplunk, also known as Shishkaball!
The object of the game is to pull out a stick without making the balls drop. Everyone takes a turn pulling a stick out one by one. Then if a ball or two drops (or 30) you keep them and at the end of the game count how many balls you made drop. Once a player has committed themselves to a particular stick by touching it, they must remove it. The player who accumulates the fewest dropped balls wins.
- 3 Tomato Cages (you can purchase these at Lowe’s or Home Depot – they already came painted blue)
- Zip Ties
- clear vinyl fabric (1/4 yard)
- 20 PVC Pipes 36″ or 30″ in length (10 ft pole $1.78 each)
- Primer (optional)
- Spray Paint (optional: Blue, Green, Orange, Yellow, and Pink)
- Ball Pit Balls
1. Stack the 3 tomato cages inside of each other
2. To make sure the balls do not fall out of the top of the cages, cut out some vinyl punched holes in the clear vinyl fabric and zip tie the vinyl to the top of the cage.
3. Stick the tomato changes into the grass
4. Put the poles through the cages in a way that they will suspend the plastic balls in the cage
5. Once you see there are no gaping holes in the poles and cage you can pour the plastic balls in on top of the poles.
6. Enjoy with your whole family!
What is your favorite outdoor activity to do with the whole family?
Posted July 30, 2014