Earth Day Craft for Kids
Monday is Earth Day and to celebrate we have this easy craft that even the smallest member of your family can do.
What you need:
- Twigs, leaves, grass, bark, pine cones or whatever piece of nature that is on the ground. (We don’t suggest pulling things off tress or picking flowers.)
- Non-toxic finger paint
- Construction paper
- Scissors (adult use only)
- Non-toxic glue
- Paper plate
What to do:
- Go on a nature walk with your child & collect fallen leaves, grass, twigs, dandelion flowers, etc.
- Talk about how we are all responsible for loving our earth and taking care of it.
- Take your paper plate and help your child draw some continents on it.
- Use the things you collected on your nature walk as mediums to paint on your earth plate. You can see one of our continents was painted by a twig. That didn’t work so well, but our Kolcraft kid who did it learned about different surfaces while painting. *
- Trace your child’s hands, cut them out & write on them “Your child’s name loves Mother Earth” and glue them on the bottom of the plate.
- Hang in your window & enjoy.
*You can also glue the elements you collected to the plate.
Posted April 17, 2013