Easy Fruit Salsa Recipe for Kids
We love how this red salsa goes along with our Elmo theme (because it’s red) and it’s healthy too!
What you need to make Cinnamon Chips:
- 4 uncooked tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees . Using a pizza cutter or a pastry cutter, slice tortillas into wedges.
2. Place wedges on 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Brush each wedge with melted butter. Combine cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over the tops of all the wedges.
3. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the tortilla chips are crisp and golden brown. Allow to cool or serve warm with the salsa.
What you need to make Fruit Salsa
- 2 peaches, cut and peeled
- 6 cherries, pits and stems removed
- 5 strawberries, leaves and stems removed
What to do
1. Put all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until all is finely chopped.
We think this would get Elmo’s stamp of approval!