Ghosts, witches and jack-o-lanterns are popping up around the neighborhood. A great way to decorate your own house with the help of your kids is with these easy-to-make Halloween decorations.
What you need:
- Paper plate
- Crayons, markers, or watercolors
- Construction paper
- Tape or glue
- Paint or color the paper plate orange. Add eyes and mouth to your pumpkin.
- Cut out 4 strips of construction paper.
- Fold strips of construction paper in alternate directions so it gives the paper an accordion effect.
- Cut out a stem for the top of the pumpkin from construction paper.
- Glue or tape the accordion legs, arms and stem to the pumpkin.
- Tah-dah! Your do-it-yourself Halloween decoration is ready for display!
- You can make other Halloween decorations with these same supplies. To make a Frankenstein, ghost, witch, etc. just paint accordingly.
One of our co-workers brought his daughter to work. She had fun doing this craft with us and definitely has talent. When she becomes the next big artist, remember you read it first at Baby Matters Blog! 🙂