Easy, Kid-Friendly Ice-Cream Pie Recipe
There is still enough sunshine and summer for ice-cream. We wanted to share this very easy-to-make and very delicious ice-cream pie recipe given to us from Janet’s mom. (You may remember Janet from Mom Monday.) Your kids will even be able to help with this easy-to-make ice-cream pie!
Lemon Ice-Cream Pie
What you need:
- Crushed cornflakes (you can also use crushed Fiber One cereal as a healthy alternative)
- Vanilla ice cream
- Frozen lemonade
- Orange marmalade
- Lemon juice
How to make it:
- Mix together 1 1/2 cups crushed cornflakes, 1/3 cup sugar, 6 TBs. melted margarine
- Press into a 9 inch pie pan
- Bake at 350 for 5 min.
- Soften 1 qrt. vanilla ice cream
- Mix in 1 can (6 oz.) of frozen lemonade (Do not thaw first)
- Put ice-cream mixture into pie shell & put in freezer while making glaze.
- To make glaze take 1/3 cup orange marmalade & dilute it with 2 to 3 TBS lemon juice
- Pour over pie and return to freezer until set and ready to serve
Do you have a favorite ice-cream recipe to share?
Posted August 24, 2011