Easy Kid’s Oscar Themed Party
The Oscars are all about glitz, glamor and greatness, but the parties don’t have to be limited to Hollywood. You can have your very own Oscar party – kid style!
What you need:
- Poster board
- Non-toxic markers, paints or crayons
- Dress up clothes
- Piece of red cloth
- Popcorn or some favorite “movie” food
- Favorite stuffed animals
- Red Carpet Music
- Scissors (adult use only)
What to do:
- Have your children make a movie poster for their favorite movie. Hang them in the room where you are having the party.
- Put a piece of red cloth on the floor for your red carpet.
- Have your kids dress up & walk down the red carpet. Be sure to take their picture!
- Create an Avenue of the Stars by cutting out big stars with their names on it. Take a picture of them next to their star.
- Nominate your kids to win Oscars. Their favorite stuffed animals can be supporting cast.
- Call their name to get their Oscar. Their Oscar can be a homemade statue (we like to make them from rice crispy treats!), an Oscar statue bought from a Party store or any sort of little prize that you have stand in for an Oscar.
- If you child likes to ham it up, have them give an acceptance speech (Be sure to tape it!).
- Play movie charades.
- Act out a scene from their favorite movie, cartoon or book.
- Make colorful popcorn and watch your kids favorite movie that they think is Oscar worthy.
Posted February 20, 2013