The Oscars are all about glitz, glamor and greatness, but the parties don’t have to be limited to Hollywood. You can have your very own Oscar party – kid style!
What you need:
- Poster board
- Non-toxic markers, paints or crayons
- Dress up clothes
- Piece of red cloth
- Popcorn or some favorite “movie” food
- Favorite stuffed animals
- Red Carpet Music
- Scissors (adult use only)
What to do:
- Have your children make a movie poster for their favorite movie. Hang them in the room where you are having the party.
- Put a piece of red cloth on the floor for your red carpet.
- Have your kids dress up & walk down the red carpet. Be sure to take their picture!
- Create an Avenue of the Stars by cutting out big stars with their names on it. Take a picture of them next to their star.
- Nominate your kids to win Oscars. Their favorite stuffed animals can be supporting cast.
- Call their name to get their Oscar. Their Oscar can be a homemade statue (we like to make them from rice crispy treats!), an Oscar statue bought from a Party store or any sort of little prize that you have stand in for an Oscar.
- If you child likes to ham it up, have them give an acceptance speech (Be sure to tape it!).
- Play movie charades.
- Act out a scene from their favorite movie, cartoon or book.
- Make colorful popcorn and watch your kids favorite movie that they think is Oscar worthy.