Easy Mini Fruit Pizza for Elmo Birthday Party
Because Elmo’s favorite food is pizza, what better way to cap off his birthday celebration than with fun individual fruit pizzas? This dessert is super easy to make and is fun for the kids!
What You’ll Need:
- Sugar Cookies
- 8 oz. Reduced Fat Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
What To Do:
- To make the icing, mix together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. You can use more or less powdered sugar, depending on how sweet you want the icing. For convenience, store bought icing will work just as well!
- Spread a thin layer of icing onto each individual cookie.
- Slice up the fruit into small, bite sized pieces. We used pineapples, blueberries and strawberries, but any fruit will do!
- Put the fruit into bowls or containers, allowing each child to decorate their very own fruit pizza.
For a healthier version, you can also substitute low-fat or fat-free yogurt for the icing or incorporate small bits of fruit into the icing, such as oranges.
About the Author - ColleenF
I am the Digital Media Specialist at Kolcraft.