Easy Rainbow Crafts and Recipes for Kids
It may be cold and gloomy out, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have rainbows and fun indoors! We had a lot of fun with our Kolcraft Kids as we had an indoor rainbow day complete with rainbow crafts, food and fun!
Indoor Rainbow Rice Sandbox
What you need:
- Food coloring
- Aluminum foil
- Cookie sheet
What to do:
- Put 1.5 cups of rice in each container
- Add 1 – 2 tbsp of vinegar to each container
- Add a few drops of food coloring
- Shake, shake & shake the containers some more to fully coat the rice in food coloring
- Put aluminum foil on the cookie sheet
- Place rice on cookie sheet & put in oven at 150º for 10- 15 minutes
- Take out, place in large, wide container that isn’t too deep & let your kids have fun in their indoor “sandbox”!
You can also put black, white & red beans in a container and have “bean sand”.
Other fun rainbow crafts, recipes and ideas that we did with our Kolcraft Kids ranging from 6 months to 7 years old!
- Rainbow finger painting – put hands in non-toxic finger paint, and place hand prints in semi-circle forming a rainbow. Alternate colors to make a rainbow. We love this as a keepsake of our child’s hand-prints.
- Rainbow crayons – this easy craft, recycles old crayons into rainbow crayons!
- Rainbow fruit cake – this yummy treat is a tasty way to teach your child about the rainbow.
- Rainbow outfits – let your child pick out his/her clothes for the day. We can guarantee it will be a rainbow sensation outfit.
Enjoy your rainbow filled day!
Posted February 15, 2012