Easy Snowman Craft and Recipe for Children
After all the excitement of the holidays, you may be hearing from your children “I’m bored!” This snowman craft will surely keep them entertained and snowman soup will keep them warm while crafting!
What you need:
- Cotton balls (about 40 per snowman)
- Blue construction paper (1 sheet per child)
- Black construction paper or googly eyes
- Orange construction paper or pom poms
- Non-toxic glue
- Scissors for adult use only
- Squeeze some glue onto a paper plate and let the children scoop bits of glue with a popsicle stick because squeezing glue right onto the paper can get messy. Glue sticks are a great “not-so-messy” alternative.
- Have the children glue cotton balls in two or three stacked circles to make a snowman shape
- Cut out construction paper shapes if you are not using googly eyes or colored pom poms (adults can do this prior to craft time for young children)
BLACK: 5 large circles per snowman (2 eyes and 3 buttons)
BLACK: 5 small circles per snowman (for the mouth)
BLACK: hat shape (rectangle with a square on top)
ORANGE: Cut out one triangle per snowman (nose)
ORANGE (or brown): Long rectangle shapes (arms)
*We used colored pom pom balls instead of construction paper
5. Have the children glue their snowman faces, buttons, hat and arms to their cotton ball snowman.
- Packet of hot chocolate
- Chocolate kiss
- Candy cane
- Sandwich bag
- Note paper
What to Do:
Put the ingredients in a sandwich bag with a note to your child that this is snowman soup eaten by many famous snowmen families such as Frosty the Snowman’s family. To make their snowman soup just add contents (except for the candy cane) in a mug, add boiling water and have them stir it with the candy cane.
What winter recipes and crafts do you like to do with your children?