Spring brings with it new life in many forms – budding trees, plants breaking forth and baby animals. It’s a great time to teach children about nature. This easy book craft teaches your child about baby animals that hatch from eggs.
What you need:
- Construction paper
- Non toxic markers, crayons or colored pencils
- Scissors (adult use only)
- Non toxic glue
- Book on animal babies that hatch or search on the internet
What to do:
- Read about different animal babies that hatch from an egg.
- Have your child draw a few animals babies that hatch.
- Cut out the animal babies.
- Draw eggs big enough to cover the animal baby. Draw the crack in the egg.
- Cut out the eggs & cut along the “crack” so you have the top & bottom of the egg.
- Fold heavy weight paper in half to make a book.
- Have your child draw a cover on her book.
- Glue an animal baby on each page.
- Apply glue to the bottom of the egg & cover the animal baby. Do the same with the top, but be sure you can lift the flaps.
- Enjoy your new animal baby lift-the-flap book!