Easy Tasty Banana Treat Recipe for Kids
It may seem summer was long ago, but this yummy, easy-to-make frozen treat is a great way to have your kids get a serving of fruit and enjoy a throwback to summer.
What you need:
- Bananas (ones that are on the verge of becoming overripe work perfect!)
- Popsicle sticks
- Semisweet or dark chocolate chips or carob chips (we recommend the dark chocolate chips)
- Wax paper
- Baking sheet
What to do:
- Line your baking sheet with wax paper.
- Peel banana.
- Insert a popsicle stick into the bottom of each banana.
- Place on wax paper & freeze for at least an hour.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave or in a double boiler. Be sure to stir frequently.
- Dip each frozen banana in melted chocolate & allow access to drip off. Return dipped bananas to wax paper lined backing sheet and refreeze for an hour.