Family Gratitude Keepsake & Easy Turkey Craft for Kids
It’s the day before families gather nationwide to pause and be grateful. In the midst of our crazy, hectic schedules it’s easy to forget all the blessings we have. One idea to remember your blessings from year to year is to start a Family Gratitude Book. At Thanksgiving each member of the family writes in the book what she or he is grateful for. Make sure you write the date at the top of the list. Year after year, you will be adding memories that you can look back on and remember. It is especially rewarding to remember what kids wrote when they were little (especially if now they are grown up with their own children) or what family members who have passed on have written. Your Family Gratitude Book becomes an heirloom for many generations.
Supplies for Family Gratitude Book:
- Notebook or Journal
- Grateful Heart
Decorate Your Thanksgiving Table
If you would like little place holders or an easy-to-do craft for your kids, how about a Turkey made from a toilet paper tube?
Supplies for the Turkey toilet paper tube craft:
- Construction paper
- Markers, crayons or non-toxic paint
- Toilet paper tube
- Scissors (to be used by adults)
- Non-toxic glue
- Wiggly eyes (not to be used by children under 3 years of age)
- Cut feathers out of the construction paper
- Cut feet & beak from construction paper
- Glue feathers, feet, beak and wiggly eyes to the toilet paper tube. Toilet paper tube should be “standing” up vertically.
- Color Turkey as desired.
What fun Thanksgiving ideas do you have?