Fresh fruit is in abundance during the summertime and this fruity frog craft makes healthy eating fun and delicious for kids!
- One green apple (makes four apple frogs)
- Cream cheese
- Chocolate chips
- One piece of green construction paper
- Scissors (adult use or supervised use by children)
- Knife (adult use only)
1. Cut the apple into four pieces and remove the core.
2. On one piece cut a thin wedge, and remove, to create a mouth
3. To create the eyes, shape the cream cheese into two half-inch balls. If you are making four frogs you will need eight cream cheese eyes.
4. Insert a chocolate chip, either direction, into each cream cheese ball.
5. If you are making one frog, cut three grapes in half. Two halves will be the arms. Cut the other four halves to create toes.
6. Draw a lily pad on a piece of green construction paper. Cut out the shape.
7. Place the apple slice on the green lily pad. Add the eyes (cream cheese balls) on top. Place the two grape halves on both sides. Slice lines to add the toes/feet.
Serve your child their healthy, delicious, and frogalicious lunch!
Do you have nutritious tips for families? Please share in our comment section!
Thanks to FamilyFun.com for sharing this frog craft with the Kolcraft family.
For more ideas about healthy eating with children, visit these Baby Matters archives: