Fun Fall Craft for Kids
Mother Nature provides some of the most incredible beauty, so why not decorate your home in Autumn fashion with a fun craft for your kids? This leaf stained glass window is fun, easy-to-do and a great Fall decoration!
What you need:
- Leaves (you can go on a leaf hunt outside to find the prettiest leaves)
- Heavy book to press leaves
- Wax paper
- Construction Paper
- Scissors (to be used by adult only)
- Iron (to be used by adult only)
- Thin cloth
- Pick your leaves the day before you will do your craft. Carefully put them in-between wax paper in a heavy book so they will be pressed.
- Cut two pieces of wax paper. Place one piece of wax paper waxy side facing up.
- Arrange leaves on wax paper but keep them about 1/2 inch from edge of wax paper.
- Take shavings from crayons & spread them around the leaves (you can use the sharpener on the crayon box or use a small pencil sharpener to create shavings).
- Put the other piece of wax paper on top of your leaf window with the waxy side facing down on the leaves.
- Put a thin cloth over the wax paper & iron over it with an iron set on a medium setting. You want to make sure you don’t iron over it too quickly, but give the crayon shavings a chance to melt & blend.
- Finish off with a border made from construction paper & trim the excess wax paper from the edges.
- Hang in your window & enjoy!
Tags: crafts with crayons, easy activities for kids, Fall crafts for kids, fall stained glass windows, free activities for children