Fun Friday Family Date Night
It can be hard to find family time especially when you have a myriad of different schedules, activities and places to be, but every so often you need to take a break from schedules and have family fun time – a family date night!
Family date nights don’t require a lot of money – just a willingness to have fun.
A couple of ideas:
• Make a pizza together. Arrange the toppings into shapes or a smiley on the pizza.
• Create a picnic made of your kid’s favorite finger foods.
• Have a dessert first night! We know it’s really off the norm, but it can be fun to shake up routine. There are lots of healthy desserts with fruit and no sugar options.
• Turn off the TV and introduce your kids to some of the games you played when you were little; kick the can, mother may I, red light green light, etc. (added benefit of exercise while you run)
• Have a dance party. Turn on your kids favorite music & dance away. You can even dress up and have your own “dancing with the stars” night.
• Build a fort. Get sheets & blankets, drape them over chairs and other furniture for a fun fort.
Family date nights can be inexpensive and fun! What ideas do you have for a family date night?
Posted May 14, 2010