Sometimes it’s hard to entertain your children when they (& you!) have cabin fever. One very creative mom sent us the perfect activity for indoor fun with your kids – Hop Aboard Your Personalized Choo Choo Train!
What you need:
- 2 Empty Boxes. One will have to be big enough to “fit” your toddler.
- Paper Plates
- Non-Toxic Marker
- Empty Paper Towel Tube
- Paper Cup
- Heavy Duty Tape
What to do:
- Cut a hole in the large box, big enough to fit your child.
- Tape the smaller box to the back of the larger box to make it look like a train.
- Put the paper cup on the paper towel roll to form a smoke stack.
- Cut out a circle for the bottom of the “smoke stack”.
- Tape the “smoke stack” to the top front of train.
- Draw spokes on paper plates to form wheels.
- Tape wheels onto sides of train.
- Have your child decorate the side of the train with a marker or crayon.
- Let your little one have fun being the conductor of her train!
We recommend creating a whole train experience. You can read books about trains, color train pages and take a ride on your local train. You can talk about how people take trains to see family and friends, to go to work or how trains transport goods. In simple ways you can teach your child about transportation while having fun!
Thank you to the Clark family for sharing their toddler train experience with us!