Fun Projects for Your Active Toddler
Do you have a toddler who is active and likes hands-on fun? We have the perfect art activity for you that we like to call container art.
Here is what you need:
• Empty container with a secure lid. We suggest an oatmeal or grits container.
• Piece of white paper
• Broken crayons
• Non-toxic paint
What to do:
1. Put the piece of paper inside the container.
2. Take the broken crayons and dip them in paint. (They don’t need to be dripping in paint. A little will do.)
3. Put the crayons with paint in the container and put the lid securely on the container.
4. Let your toddler take the container and shake it up and down, roll it or even kick it to make the crayons move around inside.
5. After a few minutes take off the lid and see your toddler’s masterpiece of modern paint splats
If you try this activity with your toddler, feel free to post pictures of it in our Magical Moments so everyone can see your child’s masterpiece!
Posted April 16, 2010