Giving Baby and You Peaceful Sleep with the Perfect Crib Mattress
Ever wonder what goes into our Kolcraft and Sealy crib mattresses? We wanted to give you a glimpse into how Kolcraft is setting standards in quality and leading the industry to make better products for babies.
Kolcraft’s Quality Assurance is Impressive
- 60+ point quality inspection—high standards at every step in the process
- 20 point quality inspection for innersprings
- 23 point quality inspection for sewing and labeling
- 12 point quality inspection for stuffing
- 5 point quality inspection for labeling, packaging, and full build visual for final product
- Size specification checklist, Kolcraft designed the “Measurement Box”, to ensure optimal crib fit and standard requirements
Kolcraft is a a leader in crib mattress research and development, safety, compliance and ASTM Standards!
- Open Flame Flammability Testing & Cigarette Burn Testing
- Durability Test with Hexagonal Roller—240 lbs. rolled between 20K-100K times (simulates rolling back and forth across the mattress)
- Impact Test: 80-230 lbs. of force dropped in 3 locations 20K-100K times (simulates sitting or jumping on the bed to test deformation/wear & tear)
- Static Load Test: 60-200 lbs. of pressure for 4 straight days (simulates positional sleep for an extended period of time/sagging)
- Cornell/Firmness Retention Test: 80 lbs. of pressure applied 60K times to measure any deformation (simulates a child sitting or laying on a bed multiple times)
- Cold cracking – covers & coatings
- Toxicity: chemicals, phthalates, lead, heavy metals, formaldehyde of components, covers and colors in the cover
- Microbial tests on antibacterial claims
- Colorfastness to rubbing, saliva, perspiration
- Cover strength, abrasion, stain and tear resistance, fabric cover piling, water proofing & repellency, clean-ability tests
- Shipping & packaging thickness, tensile strength, abrasion, damage, tear and puncture-resistance
Kolcraft is proud to be the leader in manufacturing crib mattresses. We love helping babies and parents have a peaceful night’s sleep.