Will your baby keep the color of his deep brown eyes or baby blues? Only time will tell, but a few clues to wagering the odds.
• Darker eyes, brown or dark green, most likely will stay dark especially if the mother or father are of a darker complexion.
• Lighter eyes, blue or gray, often go through several color changes in the first three months. They will usually darken to the final color in six to twelve months.
• If both parents have brown eyes there is a 75% chance that baby’s eyes will remain brown.
• If one has brown eyes there is a 50% chance baby will have brown eyes.
• If both parents have blue eyes baby will have blue, but there still is a chance that a great grandma who had brown eyes may leave her mark on your baby’s eyes.
Our suggestion? Take as many photos as you can so you can have a lasting memory of your baby’s first eye color.
Did your baby’s eye color change?