Today is World Oceans Day when aquariums, zoos and other family-friendly places celebrate our oceans. Our oceans cover 72% of Mother Earth so it’s pretty important that we care for them. You can teach your children how to care for our oceans and have lots of fun!
Check out these fun World Oceans Day Activities!
- Plymouth, MA is hosting a Seabird & Whale Tales wildlife cruise
- Olympia, WA is showing Oceans at the Sea Cinema Film Festival
- Santa Monica, CA and NYC are hosting beach cleanups
- Sarasota, FL is hosting a family festival celebrating the oceans at Mote Aquarium
- Watertown, SD is having a Dr. Seuss themed oceans program
If you can’t make it out, grab a book about fish or the oceans and share it with your child or do a fun fish themed activity or craft.
Your local aquarium, libraries, and zoos also have activities to celebrate World Oceans Day. Google World Oceans Day for events near you so you can join the fun!