World Autism Awareness Day (WAAD) is celebrated April 1 -2 and it’s going to light up the world in blue! Light It Up Blue is an easy way to raise awareness about autism and be part of a worldwide movement to show your support for the autism community.
Early detection and early intervention of Autism is key and WAAD helps to raise awareness as well as funds for Autism research. It also celebrates the unique talents and skills of persons with Autism.
Some ways you can help:
- Sign the pledge to raise autism awareness and encourage family, friends and co-workers to do the same.
- Light your house blue by putting blue light bulbs in your outdoor lights. (Check out the slideshow of buildings around the world who are lighting it up blue!)
- Feature the Light It Up Blue logo on your Facebook profile.
- Ask local or governmental television stations to broadcast awareness raising media (PSAs, documentaries) about autism.
- Wear apparel to help raise awareness.
- Read about one blog mom who is trying to make a difference for autistic children through Autism Learning Felt Blog.
- Give a financial contribution to Autism research. Every little bit helps!
Thank you for joining Kolcraft in making a difference for Autistic children!