Helping Your Children To Eat Their Vegetables
Today is national Eat Your Veggies Day (we are sure a mom thought of this holiday ) To celebrate, we have some fun ideas to help your children eat a variety of healthy vegetables.
Tips for encouraging children to eat their vegetables:
- Introduce a variety of vegetables early on and often. If your child has repeated opportunities to sample new foods, at least some of them will be accepted.
- Include vegetables in foods your children already like – make zucchini or banana muffins instead of chocolate or sugar-filled muffins.
- Switch from soda or fruit drinks to 100% fruit juice.
- Make fruit smoothies. This will give your child fruit and calcium!
- Make a healthy trail mix for a snack with raisins, nuts, and non-sugary cereal.
Fun kid-friendly vegetable recipes:
- T-Rex pizza
- Mini Technicolor Veggie Pizza
- Galloping Good Eggplant
- Creamed Dill Potatoes
- Red Pepper Walnut Dip (great to dip veggies in!)
How will you celebrate Eat Your Veggies Day?
Posted June 17, 2011