The benefits of getting outside with your kids range from helping curb obesity, depression as well as spark imagination and other cognitive development. You also benefit from getting outside with your kids to relax and get some exercise. We recently went on a hide and seek activity with our Kolcrafts kids. It’s easy to do!
What you need:
- Research – Google the park, path or part of your neighborhood you are going to.
- List – Have a list of what you are looking for on your walk.
- Comfort – Be sure you and your little hikers have comfortable shoes, sunscreen and water. If you have a child who gets tired easily, be sure to have a stroller on hand.
What to do:
- Set out on your path looking for the “items” on your list. Tell everyone to be alert & look around. The items could be in the air, on the ground, in the water. Don’t be afraid to look under rocks or trees too!
- Talk about what you see. For example, hidden in the picture are two ducks we saw on our hide & seek walk. We talked about ducks liking water and why the mommy duck blended in more than the daddy duck. We also taught our Kolcraft kids how to say duck in Spanish.
Try a hide and seek adventure & let us know how it goes!