Homemade Baked Oatmeal
Even during the summer morning schedules can be crazy! One thing that we should never let our children skip out on, no matter what, is a healthy and filling breakfast. It’s easy to throw a frozen breakfast sandwich in the microwave, or grab a few granola bars, but who really knows that’s in them? This morning some of our Kolcraft kids were treated to a delicious and nutritious breakfast – baked fruit oatmeal. Try them out for yourself and follow the recipe below!
Ingredients you will need:
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 2 c. brown sugar
- 5 c. old fashioned oats
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbs. cinnamon
- 2.5 c. milk (I used skim)
- 1 banana, sliced
- 2/3 c. blueberries (or a fruit of your choice)
- 1/3 c. chocolate chips (you can easily make it a full cup of fruit instead)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your cupcake tins by either spraying them with cooking spray or using liners.
- In a large bowl mix the eggs, applesauce, and vanilla until combined.
- Add in the sugar, banana, fruit and chocolate chips.
- In another bowl combine the dry ingredients: oats, salt, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix them together.
- Last, pour in the milk (I used 2.5 cups, but I think using only 2 cups would work just fine).
- Evenly scoop the oat mixture into the cupcake tray. I used a 1/5 cup measuring spoon.
- Bake oats for 35-40 minutes, or until the top of the oats starts to brown and the center is set.
Posted July 17, 2013