J Is for Jeep Twitter Fitness Party
Tomorrow is our J is for Jeep Twitter Fitness Party. We are super excited because we will be talking about a subject we love – fitness and Jeep! We are excited to share our new Jeep jogging stroller with you and are THRILLED to announce that Derek Kite will be tweeting with us. Derek is a dad of three, married to the illustrious Valerie from the blog A Nation of Moms, and has extensive knowledge of fitness – you know all the tips on how to work in fitness as a family, how to stay fit even on a busy schedule, etc.
A little about Derek:
Derek is a former professional triathlete, duathlete, and runner. Derek brings to the sport of triathlon/duathlon his expertise and experience in running, having trained with some of the world’s fastest Kenyan and American runners. He was named Rookie Duathlete of the Year (2003), finished 3rd in the nation in triathlon and 6th in the world in duathlon and has several other podiums under his belt, including two consecutive wins at the Malibu Triathlon.
As a professional runner, he competed in the 1996 and 2000 Olympic Trials in the steeplechase and was coached by world-famous coach, Joe Vigil, with former training partners Deena Kastor, Meb Keflizighi, and Dan Browne.
Derek attended and competed for Lubbock Christian University, where he ran and trained with Kenyan teammates. He earned 14 All-American honors in running and 5 National Team Championships. By his senior year, he was 4th in Cross Country National Championships, the Indoor 3-mile National Champion, and the Outdoor 3,000-meter Steeplechase National Champion.
Even as a young athlete, Derek has always been a coach at heart. And with over 17 years of coaching experience and 13 years of professional racing, he has a keen understanding of the many needs of the endurance athlete. Derek can attribute his very eclectic coaching style to training under about 20 different coaches with different training philosophies.
Impressive isn’t it? We are just super excited! You can follow him at @anationofmoms
To help you on your fitness track, we will be giving away J is for Jeep jogging strollers throughout the party.
There are quite a few blog moms attending the event as well. These moms have the J is for Jeep jogging stroller so they can give you first hand experiences of it.
The blog moms attending are:
- Jyla’s Three of Us @jylasthreeofus
- A Nation of Moms @kitekoop
- Girl Gone Mom @GirlGoneMom
- Steals, Deals & Life @stealsdealslife
- Real Mom Reviews @RealMomReviews
- Mommy Mandy @MommyMandy
- Houghton Happenings @tweetmomRN
- Written by Mama @WrittenByMama
- The Life of Rylie & Bryce too! @thelifeofrylie
- Not Quite Susie Homemaker @NotQuiteSusie
- Shop with Me Mama @shopwithmemama
- One More Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest @TheRhinoMisses
- Baby Dickey @BabyDickey
- Minnesota Must Haves! @mnmamamusthave
- Freckleberry Finds @freckleberrymom
- Suburban Coupon Mom @Suburbancoupon
- Party of Five & Counting @MommyinNJ
- A Mom’s Balancing Act @mombalancingact
- All Aboard the Review & Giveaway Train! @Giveawaytrain
- Jabbering Jessi @JabberingJessi
We can’t wait to party with you! be sure to follow @kolcraft and all the moms listed above so you can increase your chances of winning a Jeep jogging stroller! More info on the J is for Jeep Fitness Twitter Party can be found here.
Posted August 6, 2012