Kid’s Easy To Make Bird Feeder
By now you know how much we support wildlife and how many benefits there are for children to be outdoors. We love this easy-to-do bird feeder that helps your kids be creative and gives them more opportunities to get close to nature.
What you need:
- Pine cones
- Peanut butter
What to do:
- Put down newspaper so you don’t get your table all full of peanut butter.
- Tie a string on the top of the pine cone.
- Take a spoon and spread peanut butter on the pine cone. (You can also use a butter knife if your child is old enough)
- Roll pine cone in the birdseed.
- Hang up pine cones in trees or near windows.
Keep a little notebook by the window to use as bird log. Whenever someone sees a bird eating out of the “feeder” they can record it and share their sightings with the family.
Posted August 19, 2011